Friday 20 Apr 2018
Season 2012/2013

Location: home | England | Staffordshire | City Traders League | Division 1 | The Barrel

The Barrel

Division 1 Cup result - Tournament 2011/2012 Round 2
date home team   away team kick off
22 January 2012
Keele University Res 1 − 2 The Barrel 11:00
Away team wins on aggregate
15 attendance
Carl Dibden  40
Carl Dibden  50

The Barrel teamsheet
  away team assists rating
no.1  Jase  Rowley (replaced Lee Jennings 60 mins) 0  
no.1  Luke Mountford (replaced Tom Rigby 70 mins) 0  
no.1  Andy Mountford (replaced Gav Shaw 75 mins) 0  

Match events

00:00 - Kick off
After the bad weather of the previous week saw many games called off a much milder morning is welcome as the Barrel head to Keele University in the 2nd round of the division one cup. The pitch is in a great condition, the only problem for the players today will be the howling wind travelling across the open space around the pitch. The Barrel make a couple of changes following last weeks draw with Oaktree, Tom Rigby is back in the back four after recovering from inury and stand in goalkeeper Matt Cooper comes in for Jon McArdle who is still injured following the game the week before. Jase Rowley, Andy Mountford, Luke Mountford & Kayl Sutton make up the Barrel bench.

10:00 - Save
After a very scrappy start to the game and the players adjusting to the weather, the Barrel play a crossfileld ball which finds Gav Shaw on the left wing. Shaw takes the ball well and beats the defender, he gets his shot on target but its all too easy for the Keele keeper to catch and clear the bal out of the danger area.

15:00 - Goal
Keele begin to play the ball on the deck and a through ball sees the Barrel centre back Lee Wingrove put the ball out for a throw. The throw is taken and finds a Keele player in the centre of the pitch, he looks up and finds the back of the net with a lofted shot which the goalkeeper could do nothing about. The Barrel players are clearly not hapy as the player was given too much time to find the space to take the shot. 1-0 to Keele 15 minutes into the game.

25:00 - Save
Again Gav Shaw finds himself through on goal and the Barrel midfield do well to work the ball to him, this time Shaw plays the ball hard and low to the keepers left. Not to be beat so far though the keeper is down well and holds onto the ball.

32:00 - Verbal exchange
After another scrappy bit of play the referee decides to step in and calm things down, speaking with the Barrel defender Nath Andrews. Nath being the professional that he his accepts the referees words and gets back into position to defend the Keele free-kick.

40:00 - Goal
The ball is put into the Keele area and after hitting a few different players in a very scrappy exchange Carl Dibden the Barrel captain has found his shooting boots hidden away in the garage and fires home to put the Barrel level before the break.

40:00 - Goal
Carl Dibden scores after 40 minutes in open play.

50:00 - Goal
Carl Dibden scores after 50 minutes in open play.

50:00 - Goal
The Barrel start the second half much better than the first and come out ready to attack. The away team do well and win a corner, the ball is put in and Carl Dibden is on the edge of the box with a fantastic volley which goes straight through the wall of players and into the back of the net. 2-1 to the away team with 50 minutes gone.

60:00 - Substitution
Lee Jennings is substituted after 60 minutes and replaced by number 01 Jase Rowley.

70:00 - Substitution
Tom Rigby is substituted after 70 minutes and replaced by number 01 Luke Mountford.

71:00 - Save
Keele launch an attack and win a corner after alot of Barrel pressure down the other end. After putting the ball in the box there is another moment of scrappy play before Matt Cooper gets down well to save the ball on the line.

75:00 - Substitution
Gav Shaw is substituted after 75 minutes and replaced by number 01 Andy Mountford.

80:00 - Shot off target
The Barrel look the more likely to get the next goal and again Carl Dibden is there to try for his hat-trick, firing a shot high and wide with claims for a corner kick, however the referee gives the goal kick and play resumes. We are down to the final ten minutes with play opening up.

82:00 - Shot on target
The Barrel substitute Luke Mountford picks the ball up in the middle of the pitch ad hits the wing, taking on 2 Keele players before putting a cross in for the waiting Danny Dutton. After a great run the ball falls short and is easy for the keeper to collect at the near post.

85:00 - Save
Keele continue to press for the equaliser to try and take the game into extra time, however Matt Cooper comes out confidently and takes the ball aswell as plowing through 2 of the students. All players come off unscathed apart from Cooper who looks like Edward Scissorhands has attacked his leg.

90:00 - Shot off target
Carl Dibden looks to put a hat-trick bal in the net in the fianl minutes but it doesnt look like his lucky day as he fires the ball over the goal much to the relief of the Keele keeper.

92:00 - Shot off target
Scott Smallman has been a part of some great football this morning down the left hand side, linking well with Danny Dutton, Jon Cope, Carl Dibden, Gav Shaw and Andy Mountford. The ball is played through for Smallman who looks for glory but miss-hits the ball to give Keele a last goalkick.

93:00 - Clearance
Keele launch one last attack however Lee WIngrove and Nath Andrews clear the ball as they have done all game. The game finishes 1-2 and the Barrel are through to the next round of the Division One Cup. Barrel manager Leon Hill named Gavin Shaw as the man of the match, paying tribute to his endless effort he put in running at the Keele back line. Afterwards Hill was delighted to be in the next round, he said After a dissapointing first half the boys went out and gave it everything in the second. The Barrel now look forward to their first home game of 2012 against Auto Utd in the league at home next Sunday. Victory for Barrel could see them climb the table by 3 places.